Before and after …
I get all the time “HRT was miracle on you”. Well, let me tell you that’s not the case. HRT is like 30%. The rest is :
1. A good diet : I went from 220 lb 1 year before HRT to 138 lb when I was in my 3rd month HRT (I’m 5.97 ft height). That means running a lot, no sugar, no alcohol, no smoking and for me, no meat !
2. I started to think like a woman all the time. No more I’m not there yet … I was a woman from day 1 of my HRT. Didn’t cared about people thinking I was walking a little bit feminine or what a hell happened to “his” voice. I started to act like ME without restriction. No one bothered me or anything … and I was right to do that cause I was happier.
3. I started to prepare my wardrobe… I started to search and find my style.
4. I started to learn make-up (Youtube was my friend. Search “Wayne Goss - Makeup artist”. I learned a lot from him). I started by ordering cheap makeup : search elf (or eyeslipsface ) on google.
5. I trained my voice everyday without exception. I recorded myself at least once a day and I started to search any information about that (youtube is your friend)
6. I was patient and waited to be more feminine before going full-time (it was in my 5th month). I was depressed a lot because of my HRT and I didn’t wanted to have more to deal with … so I went full-time only when I felt I was ready.
If you feel that you’re not there yet it means that you have to do more :-) Don’t be harsh with yourself but do the right things … and stick to the plan :-)
Big hugs everyone and have a smooth and happy transition.
Congratulations Emma! You’re an inspiration to us all. :)